In this English grammar lesson you will learn how we use reflexive pronouns in English.
We use Reflexive pronouns:
with verbs when there is no direct object.
- The child hurt himself climbing a tree.
- Try to behave yourself at school today.
when the object of the verb is the same as the subject.
- I made myself a sandwich.
- He knitted himself a sweater.
to stress a noun
- The question itself was difficult to answer.
- Madrid itself is an expensive city.
- He himself admitted he was wrong.
with 'by' to mean 'alone'
- I ate dinner by myself.
- She went shopping by herself.
- He prefers to go jogging by himself.
Here's another grammar lesson for you to look at.
Please take a look at my English courses on curious.com.