In this English grammar lesson for intermediate B1 level students you will learn how to use 'else' in English.
What, how, who + else = more or other thing
- What else do you do?
- How else do you do it?
- Who else did you speak to?
When, where, why + else
- If you can't do it know, when else could you do it?
- I have found a better job. Why else would I be quitting this one?
- If I can't go there, where else should I go?
Some one/body - where/thing + else
- I can't do it. Somebody else can.
- If we can't go to Rome, let's go somewhere else.
- He doesn't like fish. Can he have something else?
Any one/body - where /thing + else
- Is anyone else available to work today?
- There isn't anywhere else I would rather be.
No one/body = where/thing + else
- No one else is coming to the party. You are the only guest.
- There is nothing else for me to do so I am going to go home.
Every one/body - where/thing + else
I will take out the rubbish. Everyone else is busy at the moment.
We had to stay in an expensive hotel. Everywhere else was booked out.
We can't say Which else? or Whose else?
There is no plural form.
Here's another English lesson for you to look at.
Please take a look at my English courses on curious.com.