Tutored online business English courses[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_2″][/fusion_builder_column] [fusion_builder_column type=”1_2″_last][bullet_list icon=”check” indent=”10px” style=””]
- Fully tutored by a business English expert
- 2 months duration
- 4, 20m personal tutorials per month
- 4, 1 hour group tutorials per course
- Limited to 15 students
- [button_link url=”https://www.yourenglishweb.com/events/2014/06/business-english-course/” target=”” style=”” title=”” class=”” id=”” onclick=””]Register now[/button_link]
[hr] [fusion_toggle title=”About the course”]
As the global economy grows, companies from different countries increasingly have to work, trade and communicate with each other. English is often the language used for this communication, not just between native speakers of English but between business people who do not speak each other’s language, but speak English as a foreign language.
Business English therefore helps business people worldwide to be able to trade and work together. Business English includes:
- the vocabulary which business people use
- the particular language skills which they require in order to do business in English
- the ability to read about and discuss topics of general interest to business people.
Business English vocabulary is the words and phrases which allow business people to communicate about general business matters. Within Business English, it is possible to specialise much further, for example English for Banking, English for Marketing or English for Finance. Business English is less specialised than this and tries to cover the main general needs of business, rather than the very technical specialisations.
Language skills useful for business
These include being able to:
- listen and speak during normal business activities such as interviews, meetings, telephone conversations or negotiations
- read business letters, emails, reports, articles, information on the Internet, etc.
- write for business purposes (examples of business writing are reports, letters, emails and proposals).
Correct grammatical expression is becoming more and more important for successful business communication in English. The quality of a company’s and a business person’s communications is increasingly seen as a reflection of the quality of the company, its products or services and the work of its employees.
Business people are generally interested in business-related topics, and Business English allows them to read about and discuss these topics in English. They can read what is being written in the business sections of newspapers; they can read and discuss the latest ideas coming from international business schools. This allows them to keep up to date with the latest trends, business techniques, innovations and developments in the business world.[/fusion_toggle] [fusion_toggle title=”About the course”]
There are 10 course units based on the following topics:
The working day
Precesses and proceedures
Distribution and delivery
Marketing and publicity
Developing business contacts
Each unit contains four to five sections with approximately 2 hours study time[/fusion_toggle] [fusion_toggle title=”The tutor”]
Stuart has a BA in language studies and holds a post-graduate qualification in eLearning from the University of New England and is currently based in Madrid, Spain. He has been teaching English for the last 16 years and has given both face-to-face and online training courses in some of Spain’s biggest companies. These include Grupo Santander and BBVA. He has also given numerous classes in the Spanish Public Administration. For the last 7 years he has been dedicated to online language teaching.
He looks forward to seeing you in one of our online courses.[/fusion_toggle] [hr]